Saturday, April 7, 2012

A Chopped Chef Experience



On Sunday, April  1, 2012  I had a fun time meeting with Michele Ragusis, who was the Head Chef of Beast and Dutch Boy in Brooklyn, N.Y. After seeing her on the Food Network's show "Chopped", thought she was cool and asked my mom if I could interview her.

At first I was nervous, but Ms. Michele, was really nice and she answered all of my questions.

C: What inspired you to cook?

M:  My mother inspired me to cook.  So I'm Greek-Italian and my mom was constantly in the kitchen from the time I was a little kid, she was just cooking away.

C: Is she your greatest supporter?

M:  Yeah, I think she's my greatest supporter.

C: Why?

M: She loves food and much as I do and taught me to love it so much and I think she is proud of me following in her footsteps.

C: From all of the shows on the Food Network, why did you choose to be on "Chopped"?

M: I chose to be on "Chopped" because I think it challenges me and I like a challenge. Being able to go into a basket and cook something I don't know and do it in a certain time is fun.

C: When I get older, I want to be a chef, can you give me and other kids my age advice on how we can do this.

M: I think if you love food and really pay attention to fresh ingredients and culinary school is good option so you can learn about sauces,  how to break down thinks and take classes in butchering to really prepare for it. Also know that it is a really hard industry, so you have to be willing to work 13, 14, 15 hours, on your feet.  So if this is something that you would want to do go for it, go to culinary art school. 

C: Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment