Sunday, October 16, 2011

Black Girls Rock!!

On Saturday, October 15, 2011 my Mom and I went to the Black Girl Rock Award Show, taped in the Bronx at The Paradise Theatre. It was a huge event created by Ms. Beverly Bond! While I was there I was inspired by all the women who ROCK. Taraji P. Henson, Angela Davis, Laura J. Richie, Tatyana Ali, and Shirley Caesar were the few who were honored.
I took a picture with Mrs. Richie, the president of the WNBA, I started to cry because I never experienced meeting someone like her before.
I met Lil Mama, that was exciting, I like her as a judge on America's Best Dance Crew.
Tatyana Ali was really nice and looked pretty in her dress.  
K. Foxx, Hot 97 DJ.  Sometimes I get to listen to her on the radio in the morning.
Next time, I hope to meet  Lauri Ann Gibson the choreographer on her own show, "Born to Dance".

2 comments:

  1. Hey Penny!

    Great job on the blog. The photos are Nice....Keep up the good work.....I'm Very Proud of You!!!! See You on Saturday.....

    Peace,

    Dabba

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog. Great entries, you inspire me! Your star power is so bright.
    Keep up the fabulous work lovely!

    ReplyDelete